We do in-home physical therapy too!
Did you know that Southern Rehab provides in-home physical therapy services? We are proud to partner with Georgia HomeCare, a quality-focused organization of healthcare professionals in LaGrange. Under the direct supervision of your referring physician, we deliver highly skilled, compassionate physical therapy that is covered by your insurance if ordered.
Our dedicated home health PT is Christy Skinner. She specializes in manual therapy, a hands-on approach to treating pain, and is assisted by Amber Fuller. Together, they cover all of Troup County. Our home health physical therapy services include a custom, personalized treatment program to improve and restore your mobility and muscle strength. Since they’re part of the Southern Rehab team and also work in the clinic, our PTs specialize in orthopedic care. That means they’re not only experienced in recuperation after surgeries and fall injuries, but they can treat a wide variety of conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system. Plus, they’re trained in the latest advances in therapy to help you achieve the highest extent of recovery possible. As an added benefit, you’ll be able to continue that same level of expert care in our clinic when your home care is complete, so you can maintain maximum performance.
The Benefits of Using Home Physical Therapy
- If you’ve been given crutches, braces, a wheelchair or other device to assist your recovery, we can provide instruction for its care and tips for best usage.
- We can assess the safety of your home and help you adapt to the environment you’re in by spotting potential hazards and recommending ways to make it more accessible during your recovery.
- We greatly reduce your risk of falls, hospital readmissions and other setbacks by improving your strength, balance, flexibility and range of motion.
- We’ll monitor your treatment progress and work with your physician to ensure you recover as quickly as possible.
- Physical therapy is great for your mood and energy level, too. Our tailored plan will help to release endorphins, those chemicals produced by the body to relieve stress and deliver pain-relieving properties.
- Speaking of relieving pain, physical therapy can diminish the need for opioid medication and lower your risk of addiction. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend physical therapy as a safe and effective alternative for the management of most non-cancer related pain.
For further information, or to schedule your appointment please fill out the from below.